with Derek & Teju Nwafor
Now Playing on CM360Radio
Devices are everywhere. They're cheap and they are accessible. Very accessible.
As it is with everything else on this planet, devices can be put to good use and bad use.
Most personal devices (laptop, desktop pc, tablet, phone) can access the internet.. This requires your attention. I'll share 5 quick thoughts on kids and the internet.
1. The internet and devices used to access it are not evil. The world of information and experiences that they expose you and your children to is mixed - good and evil. The internet becomes to you what YOU allow it to be. Decide to make it good, clean and uplifting for your family.
2. Invest the time to educate your children properly about the internet.
3. Place further safeguards on all your devices.
4. Plan your child's internet usage. Define and set limits for every aspect of their interaction with the internet.
5. Touch base with your children regularly to review what they have encountered online.
I'll flesh these out as time goes by.